Solar - October 25, 2021
Facebook Inks Deal with 160 MW Virginia Solar Project
Facebook recently completed a new PPA for a solar project that will support its data centers in Virginia.
The social media company signed an agreement with D. E. Shaw Renewable Investments (DESRI) for the 160 MW Chester Solar project in Chesterfield County, Va., to provide power to its data centers in Eastern Henrico County. The solar project is being developed by DESRI and Torch Clean Energy.
With the addition of the Chester Solar project, Facebook has contracted 650 MW of clean energy from DESRI.
“We are excited to partner with DESRI once again to bring new solar energy to the grid,” Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook, said in a statement. “This project will help us continue to support our global operations with 100% renewable energy and bring new investment and jobs to the state of Virginia.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: CA Scored Highest For Efficiency; How Wind Power Can Benefit Shipping Emissions
- Weekend Reads: USPS Goes Electric; The RE Revolution in America's Heartland