Solar - October 25, 2021
Facebook Inks Deal with 160 MW Virginia Solar Project
Facebook recently completed a new PPA for a solar project that will support its data centers in Virginia.
The social media company signed an agreement with D. E. Shaw Renewable Investments (DESRI) for the 160 MW Chester Solar project in Chesterfield County, Va., to provide power to its data centers in Eastern Henrico County. The solar project is being developed by DESRI and Torch Clean Energy.
With the addition of the Chester Solar project, Facebook has contracted 650 MW of clean energy from DESRI.
“We are excited to partner with DESRI once again to bring new solar energy to the grid,” Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook, said in a statement. “This project will help us continue to support our global operations with 100% renewable energy and bring new investment and jobs to the state of Virginia.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Rivian Invests in Wind Turbine
- Weekend Reads: Using the Defense Production Act to boost clean energy; Beaming solar power from space to earth
- Weekend Reads: Using Skyscrapers For Energy Storage; US Looks to Gulf of Mexico As Next Wind Hub
- Weekend Reads: Biden Considers the Future of Offshore Drilling; Could We Make Solar Even Greener?