Solar - October 25, 2021
Facebook Inks Deal with 160 MW Virginia Solar Project
Facebook recently completed a new PPA for a solar project that will support its data centers in Virginia.
The social media company signed an agreement with D. E. Shaw Renewable Investments (DESRI) for the 160 MW Chester Solar project in Chesterfield County, Va., to provide power to its data centers in Eastern Henrico County. The solar project is being developed by DESRI and Torch Clean Energy.
With the addition of the Chester Solar project, Facebook has contracted 650 MW of clean energy from DESRI.
“We are excited to partner with DESRI once again to bring new solar energy to the grid,” Urvi Parekh, head of renewable energy at Facebook, said in a statement. “This project will help us continue to support our global operations with 100% renewable energy and bring new investment and jobs to the state of Virginia.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program