Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - November 17, 2021
Lineage To Reach Net-Zero Carbon Emissions by 2040
Lineage Logistics announced it has signed onto The Climate Pledge and committed to be net-zero carbon across business operations by 2040.
The Climate Pledge was co-founded by Amazon and Global Optimism and consists of over 200 companies working together to encourage corporate action and address the climate crisis. By signing the pledge, Lineage, a Novi, Michigan-based industrial REIT and logistics solutions provider, said its plan includes the following:
- Measure and report GHG emissions on an annual basis,
- Implement decarbonization strategies in line with the Paris Agreement through efficiency improvements, renewable energy, materials reductions and other carbon emission elimination strategies and
- Take actions to neutralize any remaining emissions with additional, quantifiable, permanent and socially beneficial offsets to achieve net-zero annual carbon emissions by 2040.
“Lineage is deeply committed to sustainable operations, and we look forward to joining other forward-looking signatories of The Climate Pledge to work towards its important mission,” said Greg Lehmkuhl, Lineage’s President and CEO in a statement. “Building off of our demonstrated achievements in this space and with continued emphasis on innovation in logistics optimization, refrigeration system efficiency and renewable energy technologies, I am confident in Lineage’s ability to lead our industry’s charge on decarbonization and encourage others to reduce their impact on our climate.”
Lineage aims to meet the goal of The Climate Pledge through a combination of innovative energy efficiency measures, onsite energy generation and storage, and network-wide standards to minimize and eliminate carbon emissions associated with its daily operations.
Lineage Logistics also announced the installation of clean energy advancements at its facility in Colton, California, establishing the first facility in its network to generate 100% of its energy consumption on-site.
The company installed a 3.3MW solar array and 460kW of linear generators at the facility. The onsite linear generators are from Mainspring Energy. The units ramp up and down usage to enable maximum use of the building’s solar array, ensuring reliability and optimal use of renewable power at all times. This increases the site’s resiliency by reducing grid dependency and lowers operating costs. Lineage’s Colton location is the first facility in the world with two linear generators and the first of its kind to integrate a linear generator with solar panels. The two generators were installed in October.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Smart Energy Decisions Expands Advisory Board
- Weekend Reads: The Payoff of Kauai's Renewables Transition; How States Can Prepare for the EV Boom
- Microsoft Updates Sustainability Goals
- Weekend Reads: The Barrier to Texas's Renewables Transition; Rebranding Bitcoin as Eco-Friendly