Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - January 17, 2022
Nomination Deadline Extended to Jan. 19 for WISE Awards
The nomination deadline for Smart Energy Decisions' inaugural WISE Awards to celebrate Women in Smart Energy has been extended to January 19.
This awards program has been developed to celebrate the significant contribution women are making to the energy transition.
“It’s become clear that women are playing an integral role in energy and sustainability programs at their organizations, even as they are underrepresented and sometimes underrecognized,” said Debra Chanil, Research and Content Director, Smart Energy Decisions. Noting that a recent Smart Energy Decisions event highlighted the need for these awards, she explained, “It was encouraging to see so many skilled and accomplished women at our Renewable Energy Forum in December. We want to recognize women throughout the energy industry as a way to honor their successes and inspire others to join the field.”
For the inaugural WISE Awards, women representing large electric power users (energy customers) may be nominated by their co-workers, peers at other organizations, or supplier partners for their achievements in energy and sustainability; they may also nominate themselves. There is no fee for participation.
Nominations will be accepted by Smart Energy Decisions through January 19, 2022. Winners will be notified by January 31, 2022. Awards will be presented at a gala dinner at the Smart Energy Decisions Innovation Summit on March 16, 2022, at the Houstonian Hotel, Houston, TX.
Nominations must include at least one of the following criteria:
- Achievements in a specific energy/sustainability initiative for the nominee’s organization
- Extraordinary energy/sustainability achievement helping to drive the energy transition
- Impact or influence in energy/sustainability outside the nominee’s role, either inside her company or in the broader industry.
Click here to submit a nomination or for more information on the WISE Awards
- 2024 WISE Awards Announced by Smart Energy Decisions
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Nominations Open for WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program