Distributed Energy Resources, GHG Emissions, Utilities - June 7, 2022
Xcel Energy Adds Electric Bucket Trucks
Xcel Energy is adding all-electric bucket trucks to its fleet. The company's crews will use these zero-emissions trucks as they maintain the electric system and respond to outages after storms.
Xcel Energy crews will use these trucks in working conditions during a six- to 12-month pilot program. The company currently has 1,000 aerial bucket trucks in its fleet. Xcel Energy will roll out the first truck in the Twin Cities in late June while the second truck will be delivered to the Denver fleet at the end of 2022.
“We’re proud to be the first energy company in the United States to add all-electric bucket trucks to our fleet,” said Bob Frenzel, chairman, president, and CEO of Xcel Energy said in a statement. “By adding these clean energy vehicles to our fleet, Xcel Energy is demonstrating its commitment to leading the clean energy transition by becoming a net-zero energy provider for all our customers’ energy needs – electricity, heating and transportation, while also helping shape the electrification of the truck industry, which complements our overall vision to provide 100% carbon-free electricity by 2050.”
Xcel Energy was one of the first energy companies to put forward a plan to electrify all its light-duty vehicles and 30% of its medium and heavy-duty fleet by 2030. This supports the company’s plan to power 1.5 million EVs by 2030.
- Xcel Energy Adds Two Energy Storage Projects
- Minnesota Hub Launches Coalition to Scale SAF
- Xcel Energy Surpasses 50% Carbon-Free Electricity Generation
- Xcel Energy to Use Zero Carbon Hydrogen
- Xcel Energy Achieves 50% Cleaner Electricity
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- IKEA, Destination: Net Zero Lead Net Zero Forum Agenda
- Coca-Cola Launches Sustainability-Focused Venture Capital Fund
- Seven Automakers Create EV Charging Network
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
- Spotlight Sessions Set for Net Zero Fall