Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources - July 22, 2022
Amazon Adds Electric Delivery Trucks
Amazon began using custom electric delivery vehicles from Rivian in Baltimore, Chicago, Dallas, Kansas City, Nashville, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, and St. Louis, among other cities.
This rollout is the beginning of Amazon's plans to have custom electric delivery vehicles in more than 100 cities by the end of this year and 100,000 across the U.S. by 2030
“Fighting the effects of climate change requires constant innovation and action, and Amazon is partnering with companies who share our passion for inventing new ways to minimize our impact on the environment. Rivian has been an excellent partner in that mission, and we’re excited to see our first custom electric delivery vehicles on the road,” said Andy Jassy, CEO of Amazon in a statement.
Amazon has tested deliveries with Rivian preproduction vehicles since 2021, delivering over 430,000 packages and accumulating over 90,000 miles.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Smart Energy Decisions Announces 2023 WISE Award Winners
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: Wind vs. Solar; China Dominates Battery Market
- Microsoft Partners to Power Solar Energy
- Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
- Verizon Enters Into Four REPAs