Energy Storage, Microgrids - August 10, 2022
Bronx Battery Energy Storage Site Launched
A battery energy storage site in the Bronx, New York City has been launched.
NineDot Energy, a developer of community-scale clean energy projects backed by global investment firm Carlyle, unveiled its 3.08 MW/12.32 MWh (megawatt-hours) Tesla Megapack system, a solar canopy and infrastructure ready for bi-directional EV chargers.
Combined with the large NineDot Energy pipeline, this project also supports the company’s goal of delivering 400 MW of clean energy systems by 2026 that strengthen the local power grid.
“NYSERDA is proud to partner with companies like NineDot Energy that are committed to investing in energy storage projects that allow us to better integrate clean, renewable resources more efficiently,” said Doreen M. Harris, President and CEO, NYSERDA, in a statement. “Once completed, this energy storage system will help to reduce electricity use from some of the dirtiest power plants in the Bronx during hot summer days and will serve as a model for how to advance similar projects in congested urban environments.”
The project received $1.2 million from NYSERDA through its Retail Energy Storage Incentive Program
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Salesforce Starts ‘Green Code’ Initiative For Lower Carbon Footprint
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- Microsoft to Use Power From Fusion Plant
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Boeing Launches Cascade to Support Aviation's Net Zero Goal