Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - October 17, 2022
Celanese Increases Emission Goals
Celanese Corporation, a global chemical and specialty materials company, announced it extended its 2030 environmental goals to include a 30% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions intensity from its 2021 baseline.
The company will also develop a low-carbon transition plan that focuses on enhancing energy efficiency, increasing renewable electricity consumption and exploring low-carbon technologies and will engage ERM CVS to provide a limited assurance of its environmental target baselines and 2022 CDP Climate and Water responses.
Details were provided in its 2021-2022 Sustainability Report, Accelerating Solutions Through Chemistry.
“Celanese is committed to improving the world and well-positioned to develop innovative customer solutions that help meet the world’s sustainability challenges,” said Lori Ryerkerk, Celanese chairman, CEO and president in a statement. “Our focus on making a difference guides our investments in our operations, our employees and our communities.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Amazon, Meta Top List of Energy Customers
- SED's WISE Award Winners Announced
- Weekend Reads: Renewables Pit Google Against Utilities; Wind Power on Mars
- Weekend Reads: US emissions 2022, the good and bad news; Electricity state-by-state
- Weekend Reads: CA Scored Highest For Efficiency; How Wind Power Can Benefit Shipping Emissions
- Weekend Reads: USPS Goes Electric; The RE Revolution in America's Heartland