Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - October 17, 2022
Celanese Increases Emission Goals
Celanese Corporation, a global chemical and specialty materials company, announced it extended its 2030 environmental goals to include a 30% reduction in Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions intensity from its 2021 baseline.
The company will also develop a low-carbon transition plan that focuses on enhancing energy efficiency, increasing renewable electricity consumption and exploring low-carbon technologies and will engage ERM CVS to provide a limited assurance of its environmental target baselines and 2022 CDP Climate and Water responses.
Details were provided in its 2021-2022 Sustainability Report, Accelerating Solutions Through Chemistry.
“Celanese is committed to improving the world and well-positioned to develop innovative customer solutions that help meet the world’s sustainability challenges,” said Lori Ryerkerk, Celanese chairman, CEO and president in a statement. “Our focus on making a difference guides our investments in our operations, our employees and our communities.”
- Celanese Starts Carbon Capture Operations in Texas
- Virtual Innovation Summit Keynote: The Evolution of Energy Management at Celanese
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program