Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - November 7, 2022
VF Lowers Emissions
VF Corporation, a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel, footwear and accessories, has made progress against its 2030 science-based GHG emission reduction targets.
As of FY22, VF has achieved 66% of its target of reducing Scope 1 and 2 GHG emissions by 55% and as of FY21, VF achieved 8% of its target of reducing Scope 3 GHG emissions by 30%.
VF made progress toward the completion of the apparel and footwear industry’s largest tax equity investment in FY22 and utilized 34% renewable energy across its direct operations, up from 32% in FY21.
Details were provided in its latest Sustainability & Responsibility report entitled Seizing the Momentum. The report shares the company’s progress toward its science-based targets, product traceability goals, and other social and environmental commitments.
“At VF, our performance-driven culture is grounded in purpose, which leads us to remain sharply focused on delivering consistent business results while also achieving high standards in environmental and social responsibility,” said Steve Rendle, VF’s Chairman, President and CEO in a statement. “Our latest Made for Change report demonstrates how we’re making meaningful progress toward our long-term sustainability commitments through the constant pursuit of responsible and profitable growth.”
Read These Related Articles:
- VF Corporation Closes Second Green Bond
- Smart Energy Voices Episode 78: Meeting Renewable Energy Goals - A Portfolio View with VF Corporation
- VF Corporation Achieves 17% Emissions Cut
- VF Corporation issues 500 euro green bond
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Aptar Updates Emissions Reduction Goals
- Salesforce Starts ‘Green Code’ Initiative For Lower Carbon Footprint
- Weekend Reads: Green Subsidy Race; Renewable Generation Surpasses Coal and Nuclear
- Microsoft to Use Power From Fusion Plant
- Amazon Signs PPAs for Global Wind and Solar
- Boeing Launches Cascade to Support Aviation's Net Zero Goal