Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - November 14, 2022
CEMEX Emission Goals Approved by SBTi
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. announced that its 2030 decarbonization goals were validated through the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi). This validation includes Scope 1, 2, and 3 targets.
A concrete producer, CEMEX, accelerated its decarbonization efforts through its Future in Action program in 2021, aiming to build a more sustainable, circular future with the primary objective of becoming a net-zero CO2 company.
“Climate change is the biggest challenge of our times, and the building materials industry must be at the forefront of decarbonizing the built environment,” said Fernando A. González, CEO of CEMEX, in a statement. “We are committed to being leaders on the path to net-zero through relentless innovation and aggressive targets that are backed up by meaningful and measurable progress. The SBTi’s validation is clear evidence of this. Through Future in Action, we are reducing carbon emissions in every part of our value chain and providing our customers with lower carbon products so they can also be part of the solution.”
- Cemex Reaches 1,000 Lower-Carbon Truck Milestone
- CEMEX Buys Electric Concrete Mixer Truck
- CEMEX to Decarbonize Cement Production
- CEMEX Submits 2050 Goals to SBTi
- Cemex to Reduce Road Transportation Emissions
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program