Commercial, Sourcing Renewables - June 15, 2023
DHL Global Will Purchase SAF
DHL Global Forwarding, the air and ocean freight specialist of Deutsche Post DHL Group, will use Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF) for its deliveries.
The company signed a contract to purchase 11.5 million liters of SAF Scope 3 transport emissions reductions in 2023 from IAG Cargo.
The SAF, certified by International Sustainability & Carbon Certification (ISCC), and produced from used cooking oil and food waste, generates at least 80% lower lifecycle emissions than conventional jet fuel.
With this partnership, DHL advances toward more sustainable air freight and is aligned with the Deutsche Post DHL Group's goals to achieve net-zero emissions logistics by 2050.
DHL uses only sustainably produced SAF made from waste sources, such as food waste or used cooking oil.
“We are sure that creating a more sustainable freight sector can only be achieved collaboratively. Therefore, we are constantly looking for other companies to cooperate with and are very happy to announce our newest partnership with IAG Cargo. We must act now to build a sustainable future,” says Thomas Mack, Global Head of Air Freight, DHL Global Forwarding in a statement.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products