August 2, 2023
Smart Energy Decisions Announces Winners of Inaugural DEI Impact Awards
Smart Energy Decisions (SED) today announced the winners of its inaugural DEI Impact Awards that honors efforts in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in clean energy.
“Our goal in launching the DEI Impact Awards is to recognize the accomplishments of diverse groups within the clean energy community,” said Wes Doane, Vice President, Smart Energy Decisions.
Nominations were accepted for DEI projects and industry influencers from commercial, industrial, institutional, and government organizations across seven categories. Winners were selected by a panel of judges representing energy customer peers and industry experts.
2023 DEI Impact Award Winners
- Boston Medical Center (BMC) Brockton Behavioral Health Center
- Energy & Global Infrastructure, Google
- UAB Sustainability, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Mentorship: Marianella Franklin, Chief Sustainability Officer, The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Sustainability Department, New York City Housing Authority
- Energy Branch, Office of Public Housing Programs, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Catalyst for Change:
- Sarah Porter-Liddell, Dean of Equity and Inclusion, Bard College at Simon’s Rock
- Emily Schapira, President and CEO, Philadelphia Energy Authority
- Pay It Forward: Susanna Webber, Senior Vice President, Global Supplier Management Group and Global Workplace Enterprise Services and Chief Procurement Officer, Merck
- Danielle Decatur, Director of Environmental Justice, Microsoft
- Waltasia Mansano, Manager, Clean Energy Jobs Program, PSE&G
- One to Watch:
- Colin Powell School for Civic and Global Leadership, The City College of New York
NRG is the exclusive sponsor of the DEI Impact Awards. “We are honored to sponsor Smart Energy Decisions’ DEI Impact Awards and celebrate organizations whose DEI programs and initiatives have had an immeasurable impact,” said Jennifer Brunelle, Vice President of Diversity and Development at NRG. “As a company committed to ensuring that everyone and every voice is valued, we appreciate the opportunity to recognize peers who are equally dedicated to DEI.”
Award winners will be celebrated at SED’s Net Zero Forum Fall on September 20, 2023, at the Hilton Phoenix Tapatio Cliffs Resort in Phoenix, Arizona. They are also invited to participate in the event to make new connections, gain industry insights — and spark further accomplishments.
Energy and sustainability professionals with Net Zero ambitions are encouraged to participate in the event’s educational sessions and 1:1 meetings or reserve a general attendee pass before the August 18 application and Early Bird pricing deadline.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News