Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, GHG Emissions - August 24, 2023
UAlbany's Electric Trolley Makes Debut
The University at Albany added a new electric trolley, which is part of a growing fleet of zero-emission vehicles.
The trolley made its debut on August 9 and will serve as a specialty vehicle to provide transportation at major university gatherings, such as admissions events, commencement, athletic competitions and academic seminars, according to a statement.
The trolley has 30 seats and range of 105 miles with a maximum highway speed of 65 mph. Over the next decade, the electric trolley is projected to displace 25,000 gallons of diesel fuel, resulting in a reduction of more than 500,000 pounds of CO2 emissions.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program