Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions - August 25, 2023
GMS Sets Scope 1, 2 Baselines
GMS Inc., a specialty building products distributor, established and disclosed Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG as emission baselines.
The company also added first-of-their-kind battery powered hydraulic cranes to its fleet and assessed opportunities to increase its LED lighting usage.
GMS published details in its inaugural Corporate Social Responsibility Report.
“At GMS, we believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing,” said John C. Turner, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer of GMS, in a statement. “Fostering an organization that operates ethically and responsibly is core to our success and the report published today highlights many of the positive ways we are impacting the communities we serve. We are committed to continuing to conduct business in a manner that aligns with our values, embodies responsible business practices, protects data used in our business, and supports our team.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program