Commercial, Wind - August 29, 2023
Google Signs Wind PPA for North Carolina
Google announced a power purchase agreement for the full 189 MW capacity of Timbermill Wind to be constructed in North Carolina.
The agreement was signed with Apex Clean Energy. Timbermill Wind will support Google’s 2030 commitment to powering its operations with carbon-free energy, and the PPA will contribute to the clean energy needs of the company’s data centers on the PJM grid.
Since 2017, Google matched its annual electricity consumption with 100% renewable energy.
“Within the decade we have an ambitious goal for every Google data center to operate on clean electricity, every hour of every day,” said Donna Calderon, energy senior lead at Google, in a statement. “We're excited to work with Apex for the first time to not only add wind power to one of the most difficult grids to decarbonize, but also bring additional clean energy jobs to North Carolina.”
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products