Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Industrial - September 1, 2023
Interface Lowers Emissions
Global flooring solutions company Interface, Inc. continues to lower emissions, with 79% of energy used at its owned manufacturing sites being renewable.
The company also announced a 97% reduction of market-based GHG emissions and 85% reduction in water intake at carpet manufacturing sites since 1996.
Interface seeks to lower Scope 1 and 2 emissions 50% on an absolute basis, absolute Scope 3 emissions from purchased goods and services 50%, and absolute business travel and employee commuting emissions 30% by 2030 from a 2019 base year.
Details were released in its 2022 Impact Report, which provides transparency into the company’s environmental footprint including GHG emissions, carbon footprint by product type, use of recycled and biobased materials, and use of renewable energy, along with enhanced employee metrics and demographics.
The report follows traditional disclosure practices and aligns with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) and Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB) framework.
“Guided by our 50-year history of challenging the status quo, we’ve demonstrated that doing what’s right for people and the planet can deliver positive benefits to all stakeholders,” said Laurel Hurd, CEO of Interface, in a statement. “The 2022 Impact Report highlights our progress to reduce our environmental impacts, cultivate social responsibility, and maintain robust governance practices. By setting aggressive targets across environmental, social, and economic aspects of our global business, we can positively impact the world and support a sustainable future for generations to come.”
- Interface Emission Goals Validated by SBTi
- Interface Americas manufacturing sites are using 96% renewable energy, biofuel
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- Volvo Seeks to Lower Each Car's Emissions by 75%
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint