Commercial, Solar - September 22, 2023
Microsoft Adds Solar in Poland
Microsoft entered into a solar power purchase agreement (PPA) in Poland.
The PPA was signed with Lightsource bp and supports Microsoft’s goal of achieving 100% renewable energy supply by 2025.
The execution of a long-term PPA from the 40 MWac solar project enables delivery of carbon-free supply by the companies to the Polish grid.
"As our Microsoft Azure business continues to expand to new regions, we are pleased to execute our first deal with Lightsource bp to drive the decarbonization of the Polish grid and meet our commitment of being carbon negative by 2030," said Adrian Anderson, General Manager of Renewable and Carbon Free Energy at Microsoft, in a statement.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to News
- AptarGroup Raises Use of RE
- Lumentum Decreases Emissions by 25%, Doubles RE Use
- BACARDÍ Rum Aims to Lower Emissions by 50% in Puerto Rico
- CalPERS Establishes $100 Billion Net Zero Pledge
- Weekend Reads: 10 Myths About the Energy Transition; Tackling Health Care's Carbon Footprint
- US Steel Explores Expansion of Low-Carbon Products