Commercial, Energy Storage, Industrial, Commercial, Industrial - March 25, 2016
C&I energy storage industry annual revenue to hit $10.8B by 2025, study finds
Annual revenue for the C&I energy storage industry is expected to grow from $968.4 million in 2016 to $10.8 billion by 2025, according to a new study from Navigant Research.
Within the C&I sector, the industrial buildings segment is expected to deploy the largest about of cumulative new capacity — an estimated 9.3 GW — over the next decade, followed by the office segment, Navigant Research analyst Alex Eller said in a March 24 news release announcing the study.
Globally, power capacity deployment of C&I energy storage systems is expected to grow from 499.4 MW in 2016 to 9.1 GW in 2025, Navigant said the report, Market Data: Commercial and Industrial Energy Storage. The report examines the global market for commercial and industrial energy storage, with a focus on advanced lead-acid, flow, and lithium ion batteries, including market forecasts for capacity and revenue, through 2025.
Despite substantial market growth and momentum in the past two years, the C&I energy storage market remains in its infancy throughout most of the world, the report found. Ongoing challenges include poor understanding and undervaluation by stakeholders; however, regulatory reforms and technological advances are expected to help bring C&I energy storage into the mainstream.
Navigant reports that landscape of vendors offering C&I energy storage systems is growing increasingly diverse and competitive, with vendors approaching the market from different angles and forming partnerships to help companies leverage their strengths. Additionally, incumbent building energy management providers are now competing with startups in the market to offer compelling solutions for various customers.
- Global energy efficiency retrofits for buildings on the rise, report finds
- Report: Use of natural gas vehicles rising
- Report: U.S. will deploy 77.3 GW of new distributed renewable energy by 2025
- Utility distribution microgrid capacity to hit 241 MW in 2024, new report finds
- Amid lighting upheaval, Navigant sees market growth
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society