Sourcing Renewables, Wind - May 4, 2016
Nonutility buyers comprised 37% of wind PPAs in Q1
Approximately 37% of the 660 MW of wind power tied up in power purchase agreements in the first quarter of 2016 were through corporate and other large energy buyers, according to American Wind Energy Association data.
In total, the U.S. wind industry installed 520 MW of wind power capacity in the first three months of 2016, which AWEA said marks the strongest first quarter for installations since 2012. Oklahoma led the country with 270 MW of capacity installed, followed by Iowa at 154 MW, Utah at 62 MW, and New Mexico at 32 MW.
- Research: The State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- How Energy Technology Reduces Consumption and Spend: Fleet Electrification
- Decarbonizing Supply Chains: Collaboration and Renewable Energy Strategies
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas