Commercial, Distributed Generation, Finance, Solar - August 18, 2016
PACE helps Harley-Davidson dealer go solar
Utilizing Connecticut Green Bank's Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy, or PACE, financing program, a popular Harley-Davidson dealership will soon be offsetting 100% of its electrical energy needs with solar.
According to an Aug. 17 news release, Mike's Famous Harley-Davidson, located at the historic Coca-Cola factory in New London, Conn., has partnered with Ross Solar Group and Greenworks Lending to complete the installation. The project, which will use SunPower modules, is expected to complement other efficiency retrofits being completed to improve the property's environmental impact while lowering its operational cost, according to the announcement from Ross Solar.
"When we moved into this historically significant building and began to revitalize it, we knew that going green was a priority and in line with our business and community philosophies," Mike Schwartz, the owner of the dealership, said in a statement. "We did our research knowing that we wanted to be self-sufficient in terms of where we get our electricity from."
Ross Solar said it worked with Greenworks Lending to leverage the innovative financing available for qualifying green energy projects through the Connecticut PACE program.
- Growing trend: Zero-down financing for energy efficiency, climate resiliency upgrades
- Whole Foods expands rooftop solar with NRG, SolarCity
- Commercial PACE financing gathers steam, increases upgrade feasibility
- Palm Springs approves entry of clean energy financing program for city property owners
- 1st Colorado C-PACE project receives financing
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- NRG releases 12th annual sustainability report highlighting consistent actions that drive stakeholder value
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- Extreme Weather & Power Supply Preparedness