Finance, Industrial, Solar - August 8, 2017
Zurn Industries installs solar at manufacturing site
Zurn Industries, a manufacturer of plumbing and other water solution products, has completed a rooftop solar installation at its facility in Paso Robles, Calif.
The system includes a 550 kW rooftop project, which is expected to generate 940,000 kWh of electricity annually and save the company approximately $110,000 annually for the life of the system, according to an Aug. 8 news release.
“Generating our own renewable power at this facility enables further innovation in our manufacturing process, helps us reduce costs and ultimately benefits our staff, customers and the local community by reducing our impact on the environment,” Ed Stettler, plant manager at the Paso Robles location, said in a statement.
The installation was designed and built by the California-based solar company REC Solar and was financed through a power purchase agreement to allow Zurn to “purchase energy at a lower rate, without paying any upfront costs for the system construction and maintenance.”
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program