Distributed Energy Resources, Microgrids, Commercial, Industrial - February 5, 2018
Webinar: Microgrid-as-a-Service: A New Approach to Solve Resiliency, Efficiency, Sustainability Challenges
This webinar, sponsored by Schneider Electric, discusses how large commercial, industrial, campus, municipal, district, and institutional players can benefit from a “Microgrid-as-a-Service” business model approach to stabilize their long-term energy costs and upgrade critical energy infrastructure without up-front capital.
Schneider Electric along with Duke Energy Renewables developed a unique “Microgrid-as-a-Service” approach for Montgomery County, Maryland, to finance multiple Distributed Energy Resources (DERs), build two advanced microgrids, and support critical infrastructure upgrades, with no up-front capital.
Among the issues faced by Montgomery County (and many other large facilities):
- Critical public safety facilities need 24/7 resilient power to ensure operational integrity
- The cost of Infrastructure Modernization is a concern for any organization
- The cost of electrical energy and heat needs to be stable over the long term for fiscal budget
- Some organizations are credit-worthy, but Charter requirements limit the amount of debt
- Non-profit organizations may require third-party ownership to realize Tax Incentives
This industry-leading approach allows the partnership to focus on solving the issues faced by many large facilities: Energy resiliency, infrastructure modernization, long-term stable energy cost, and third-party ownership, operation, maintenance, and financing.
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Why finance should lead sustainability efforts
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society