Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - May 17, 2018
Lockheed Martin to build its largest solar field
Lockheed Martin announced plans to add a 2.5 MW solar field to their Moorestown, N.J. facility. The field will be designed, built, and constructed by Pfister Energy.
According to a statement from the company, this 8-acre ground mount, photovoltaic solar field is expected to reduce the facility’s environmental impact by saving 5% of its annual electric usage. "Lockheed Martin strives to achieve environmentally conscious business operations. Our environmental stewardship efforts extend to our facilities across the world," said Jim Sheridan, vice president and Moorestown general manager. "I am particularly proud that our Moorestown facility is home to the Corporation's largest solar field which is part of our pledge to quadruple our onsite renewable generation by 2020."
The statement noted, "The imperative to innovate has always been at the center for Lockheed Martin and how they do business. Their sustainability mission is to foster innovation, integrity and security to protect the environment, strengthen communities and propel responsible growth."
"Lockheed Martin has made great strides in clean energy and energy efficiency by developing and offering these technologies to their clients," stated Wayne Pfisterer, president of Pfister Energy. "In this case, Lockheed Martin is taking this a step further by implementing clean energy on one of its own facilities. Pfister Energy is proud to work with Lockheed Martin on this solar project and to continue to drive its shared vision of a new clean energy future."
- Lockheed Martin reports progress on energy management goals
- Lockheed Martin joins Army for battery storage system
- Lockheed Martin saves with 53 programs
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Lockheed Martin of 2025 - Future of Energy Management
- RESF day two: How GM aligned its energy, finance teams toward 100% renewables & more from Florida
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business