Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - April 4, 2019
Solar on deck for Cleveland Indians
Installation of solar panels on Progressive Field, home of the Cleveland Indians, will begin in the upcoming months. This new solar array will be located on the roof behind home plate and will help further reduce energy costs and expand the Indians' sustainability initiatives.
"The Cleveland Indians organization is committed to helping preserve the environment by using advanced energy and green options," said Jerry Crabb, Indians Senior Director of Ballpark Operations, in a statement. "We understand the responsibility of being environmentally conscious within the walls of Progressive Field and beyond. Using sustainable technologies is not only good for the community but good for baseball."
Solar energy provider POWERHOME Solar will install the solar array. Founder and CEO Jayson Waller noted, “Large commercial sites like this help us educate consumers about the simplicity and benefits of renewable energy. We hope to encourage thousands of Indians fans to consider renewable energy and think more about the environment."
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Delta Force - Driving Energy Efficiency at UVA
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- Michigan State's long-term view on renewable energy