Energy Efficiency, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - May 2, 2019
Sutter Amador Hospital provides half of electricity needs with solar
Sutter Amador Hospital "flipped the switch" on an on-site solar generating system that will provide more than half of the electrical power needs for the medical campus. The solar PPA is part of Sutter Health's ongoing efforts to provide a cleaner energy source at its hospitals and medical office buildings, demonstrating the healthcare network's commitment to environmental stewardship.
As a result of the new solar installations, Sutter Amador Hospital is expected to reduce its greenhouse gas emissions by 1,762 metric tons annually, the equivalent of removing 374 cars from the road. ENGIE Services U.S. installed 1.58 megawatts (MW) of solar power on parking structures and rooftops at the hospital campus.
"Sutter Health and Sutter Amador Hospital have been looking for ways to continue our mission of superior health services to the community while at the same time contributing to a healthier environment," said statement. "The main reason for bringing this sustainable energy source to the Sutter Amador Hospital campus and other locations is to reduce our carbon footprint in the communities that we serve. Now it will be Earth Day every day here at Sutter Amador Hospital.", M.D., Sutter Health chief medical officer and executive sponsor of Sutter Health's environmental stewardship program, in a
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business
- White paper: Demand-Side Energy Management in the U.S. Manufacturing Industrial Sector
- DE Forum Presentation: How Cinemark makes DERs work, both as a property owner and a tenant
- DE Forum Presentation: Charting a course for DERs at Tyson
- Green Lease Leader: Green Leasing Spurs Efficiency Improvements in Cleveland Businesses and City Building