Commercial, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Solar - June 28, 2019
SITE Centers generates solar power, installs EV stations
SITE Centers, an owner and manager of open-air shopping centers, installed 222 operating electric car charging stations, generated 4.1 MWh of renewable energy from 15 solar arrays, and completed a comprehensive LED retrofit program over the past years, according to their newly released sustainability report.
"We believe that delivering growth for our investors depends on productively engaging a wide range of key constituents including our employees, tenants and communities" David Lukes, president and CEO, said in a statement. "I encourage all our stakeholders to use this report to measure progress, our levels of engagement, and our impact on the environment and neighborhoods where we operate."
The company completed the LED retrofit at all of their wholly owned properties, including 4,3000 parking lot fixtures. They expect this change to add 4 million kWh per year and $900,000 a year in maintenance and operations savings.
In 2018, the company was able to reduce Scope 1 and Scope 2 emissions across properties by 1%.
Throughout the course of their energy efficiency programs, SITE Centers has implemented lighting efficiency projects across 211 properties, reducing energy consumption across properties by 105,565 kWh.
Two of SITE Centers' buildings have LEED certification. Additionally, they have employed a green leasing program in order to engage with tenants on utility information sharing, cost and savings sharing on efficiency projects and partnerships with renewable energy opportunities.
Experience unparalleled peer networking at the RE Sourcing Forum
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business
- Insights from the 2019 Innovation Summit
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - The benefits of DERs for your business