Commercial, Solar - August 30, 2021
Illinois Toyota Dealership Completes Rooftop Solar Installation
A Toyota dealership in Illinois just completed a solar array on its rooftop that will offset nearly 46% of its electricity use.
Arlington Toyota in Palatine, Ill., installed more than 1,700 solar panels, which it expects to generate more than 850,000 kWh of electricity annually. The project began construction in 2020 and solar panels now cover over 75% of its available rooftop space.
This isn’t the first energy-saving project completed on the site. The owners of the Arlington Toyota dealership previously converted the showroom, service department, collision center and outside lot lighting to LED in order to reduce its energy use.
- Supplier Spotlight - Ameresco: Energizing Our Net Zero Future
- Decarbonizing HVAC and Water Heating in Commercial Buildings
- Securing a Better Energy Future through the Power of Choice: Energy Solutions for Businesses and Communities
- Biogas: Another Part of the Sustainability Picture
- A New Age of Demand-Side Energy Management: Data Centers