Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - July 22, 2022
American Tower Achieves Goal of Adding Solar
American Tower Corporation achieved 78% of the company’s 2025 second-generation renewable energy goal by expanding its portfolio to include 58MW of solar capacity installed at almost 11,000 sites.
The cell phone tower company also adopted science-based GHG emissions reduction targets, approved by the Science Based Targets initiative.
Details were released in its 2021 sustainability report.
“Our sustainability program is grounded in our strategic priorities to foster a more equitable culture for our employees, improve our operational efficiencies, support the needs of our customers, uphold ethics and integrity at every level of the organization and engage with our local communities,” said Tom Bartlett, American Tower’s President and Chief Executive Officer in a statement. “Steadfast commitment to these key priorities will be integral to our continued success, especially as we continue to grow our business in this technology-driven era.”
- 2022 State of Decarbonization Report
- White Paper: Drive Resiliency through your Energy Infrastructure
- How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are Changing the Energy Industry
- The Social Impact of Renewable Energy Projects: Classrooms to Careers
- McDonald's 2021-2022 Purpose & Impact Reporting