Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions, Sourcing Renewables - January 4, 2023
Nominations Open for 2023 WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards
Nominations will be accepted through January 13 for Smart Energy Decisions' second WISE (Women in Smart Energy) Awards. This awards program was developed to celebrate women's significant contributions to the energy transition.
Women representing large electric power users from commercial, industrial, institutional (higher education and healthcare), and government organizations may be nominated by their co-workers, peers at other organizations, or supplier partners for their achievements in energy and sustainability; women may also nominate themselves.
Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- Innovation: The Innovation Award recognizes a woman who has developed a new or substantially improved a product, service, or strategy for her organization or the wider smart energy industry.
- Project: The Project Award recognizes a woman who has led or significantly contributed to a project for her organization or the wider smart energy industry.
- Leadership: The Leadership Award recognizes a woman who has demonstrated excellence in leadership either within her own organization or the wider smart energy industry.
- Mentorship: The Mentorship Award recognizes a woman who demonstrates a commitment to the mentorship of rising women or men in the smart energy industry.
- Rising Star: The Rising Star Award recognizes a woman with less than 10 years of experience in the smart energy industry who is already making a positive impact.
- Industry Veteran: The Industry Veteran Award recognizes a woman with more than 10 years of experience who continues to make a positive impact on the smart energy industry.
- Advocacy: The Advocacy Award recognizes a man who helps advance the empowerment of women in their organization and/or in the wider smart energy industry.
Click here for more information and to submit a nomination.
2023 WISE Award winners will be celebrated at a gala dinner at the Net Zero Forum, March 15-17, at the La Cantera Resort & Spa, San Antonio, Texas.
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program