GHG Emissions, Commercial, Industrial, Sourcing Renewables - January 6, 2023
Smart Energy Decisions Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
Smart Energy Decisions announced the addition of five new Advisory Board members: Scott Bargerstock, Director of Manufacturing Productivity and Global Energy-Demand, Mohawk Industries; Jeff Blankman, Sustainable Manufacturing Manager, McCormick & Company; Joe Carillo, Regional Vice President - NorCal, SSA Marine Inc.; Susan Corry, Director, Engineering and Energy, University of Maryland; and Gerry DaRosa, Director, Energy Innovations, Arizona State University
"The Advisory Board is a critical resource for Smart Energy Decisions," said John Failla, Founder of Smart Energy Decisions. "We count on their knowledge and experience to guide the content at our events and on our website. They keep us on the cutting edge of the industry."
SED also announced the departure of Denis George from the Advisory Board upon his retirement from The Kroger Co. as Senior Leader - Enterprise Sourcing. "The contributions Denis has made to SED over the years are valued and very much appreciated," said Failla.
Continuing on SED’s Advisory Board are:
- Stephanie Armistead, Sustainability Program Lead, Chick-fil-A
- Michael Barry, Head of Sustainable Business Operations, Bloomberg LP, Global Sustainable Business & Finance
- Dr. Wolfgang Bauer, University Distinguished Professor, Michigan State University
- Amy Bond, Sustainability Sourcing Manager, T-Mobile
- Chris Broome, Associate Director of Energy & Sustainability Center of Excellence, Merck & Co.
- Mike Colwell, Director, Strategic Sourcing, Illinois Tool Works
- Bill Hoenigmann, Global Category Manager for Energy, Becton, Dickinson and Co.
- Art Justice, Vice President of Energy and Sustainability, Cinemark
- Christian D. Lenci, Director of Capital, Productivity and Energy, Linde Inc.
- Patrick Leonard, Renewable Energy Procurement Manager, Amazon.com
- Cindy Quan, Global Chief of Staff and Head of ESG, Corporate and Workplace Solutions, Goldman Sachs & Co.
- David Reid, Global Energy and Productivity Leader, Celanese Corp.
- Marty Sedler, Director of Global Utilities and Infrastructure, Intel
- Jason Shulman, Sustainability Manager, Bloomberg LP, Global Sustainable Business & Finance
- Andy Smith, Senior Manager, Global Energy Management and Sustainability, Cisco
- Ryan Spies, Vice President of Sustainability, Clayco
- Reid Spolek, Strategic Negotiator for Energy, Google
- Rowena Striff, Energy Manager, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- Zephyr Taylor, Global Commercial Director and Category Lead for Renewable Energy, Mars
- David Templeman, Vice President - Environmental, Health & Safety, Paramount
- Rob Threlkeld, DIrector, Global Energy Strategy, General Motors Co.
- Victor Udo, Ph.D., Director of Sustainability, Bucknell University
- Bob Valair, Director of Energy and Environmental Management, Staples
- Dave Zita, Global Indirect Procurement Manager, Citrix
"I look forward to our meetings with the Advisory Board in 2023," said Wes Doane, Group Event Director, Diversified Communications. "These sessions, which include feedback on our programs and interactive conversations offer great insights into the energy industry."