Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind - June 9, 2023
Renewable Energy Market Update
Renewable power is on course to shatter more records as countries around the world speed up deployment. With the global energy crisis as a catalyst, solar PV and wind are set to lead the largest annual increase in new renewable capacity ever, according to a new report from IEA (International Energy Agency), "Renewable Energy Market Update."
The key areas examined by the report include the latest data and analysis on renewable power capacity additions in 2022 – globally and for major markets – as well as forecasts for 2023 and 2024. The report looks at key topics for renewables this year and next, including how the energy crisis will affect their deployment in the EU, their impact on energy affordability, and the latest trends in the United States, China and India. It will also explore the implications of developments affecting major technologies like solar, wind and biofuels – including market dynamics, financing, energy security priorities, manufacturing and power system integration.
Download this report to explore the IEA's latest assessment of the state of play in renewables markets:
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program