Distributed Energy Resources, Commercial, Solar - August 16, 2023
Electrify America Adopts California Solar
Electrify America announced the start of commercial operation of the new 75-megawatt Electrify America Solar Glow™ 1 solar photovoltaic renewable energy generation project in San Bernardino County, California.
The project includes over 200,000 solar panels and encompasses an area over one square mile.
Electrify America, an open network of DC fast chargers for electric vehicles, signed a 15-year virtual power purchase agreement (VPPA) with developer Terra-Gen.
"Electrify America Solar Glow™ 1 is an important milestone in our commitment to reduce our energy carbon footprint," said Robert Barrosa, President and CEO of Electrify America, in a statement. "This solar project is a significant accomplishment reinforcing our commitment in 2022 to back all energy delivered to customers on Electrify America's coast-to-coast public, ultra-fast DC charging network with 100% renewable energy."
This investment is expected to generate 75 megawatts at peak solar capacity, and its total annual production is projected at 225 gigawatt-hours.
- Bank of America to install EV charging across eight states
- Love's Travel Stops plans six-state EV charging installation
- Starbucks explores utility-scale storage in new procurement endeavor
- Hyundai partners with Electrify America to provide free EV charging to car buyers
- Jeep expands EV access at off-road trailheads