Allego N.V. Signs Two PPAs - Smart Energy Decisions

Commercial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind  -  November 6, 2023

Allego N.V. Signs Two PPAs

Allego N.V., a pan-European public electric vehicle fast and ultra-fast charging network,  announced that it has signed two power purchase agreements (PPAs) totaling 100-gigawatt hours (GWh) of energy annually.

The agreement was signed with Energy Solutions Group, an independent green energy producer in the Benelux region. The long-term agreements with Energy Solutions Group will source the energy from a wind farm located in Strijensas, the Netherlands and a solar park located in Maarheeze, the Netherlands. The PPAs are expected to be operational by January 2024 and January 2025, respectively.

These PPAs will enable Allego to source renewable solar and wind energy and stabilize its input cost base and minimize the impact of commodity price volatility.

PPAs are also another way to reinforce Allego's efforts in its mission to provide 100% renewable energy to its growing EV charging network. 

“PPAs have proven to be an effective and competitive tool to achieve two key objectives for Allego: providing 100% renewable energy to our network and minimizing input cost volatility,” said Mathieu Bonnet, Chief Executive Officer at Allego in a statement. “We secured these PPA contracts at favorable fixed prices, which in turn increases the overall attractiveness and margin of our energy procurement strategy. By sourcing local, green energy to our network, we expect to be able to maximize the industry-wide shift to electric mobility. These PPAs we have signed with Energy Solutions Group are tangible progress in our journey for a more sustainable future for all.”

The company’s goal is to supply 80% of its energy from PPAs and the remaining 20% through local green certificates. In less than a year since signing its first PPA, Allego contracted six renewable energy parks through the utilization of PPAs.



« Back to Renewable Energy

  • LinkedIn
  • Subscribe

Smart Energy Decisions Content Partners