Solar, Sourcing Renewables - January 18, 2024
Prince William County Public Schools Sign PPA
Prince William County Public Schools in Virginia, which has nearly 90,000 students, signed a 25-year Power Purchase Agreement (PPA).
The PPA was signed with Secure Solar Futures, according to an announcement. The district is anticipated to save over $14.3 million in energy costs over the next 25 years.
The schools will receive solar power with no upfront capital investment.
Secure Solar Futures will own and operate all solar equipment and sell the power to the schools at a rate projected to be lower than the local electric utility during the term of the agreement. The schools will take over the solar system at the end of 25 years, which will continue to produce power at high levels for 35 years or more.
- Climate Action Plans and Emissions Reduction Plans Defined
- Zero Energy Building Highlight: Houston Advanced Research Center
- Case Study: Federal Aviation Administration —Oklahoma City, OK
- Electricity 2024: Analysis and Forecast to 2026
- Case Study: Marriott Infrastructure Resilience & Adaptation (MIRA) Program