Using EMIS to identify top opportunities for efficiency
Type: Research Study
Categories: Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, Power Prices
Date Published: 5/15/2017
Source: U.S. Department of Energy
Primary Topic: Commercial
This guide from the U.S. DOE presents an overview of the top energy-savings opportunities in commercial buildings.
Building on data from the DOE's Better Buildings initiative, the guide shows how these opportunities can be identified using the type of interval meter analytics offered in energy information system technologies or using the automated analytics offered in fault detection and diagnostics systems.
The guide target audience is building owners and operators, facility managers, energy and sustainability managers, and others with modest experience in data analysis and performance monitoring. The guide covers nine energy savings opportunities that can be identified by EIS and/or FDD tools; each opportunity is summarized, followed by a description of the EIS and/or FDD (as applicable) analysis methodology, and examples of specific applications.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Interested in our 2018 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum? Check out highlights from the 2017 event in the video below.
- Infographic: U.S. energy consumption for 2017
- Infographic: Corporate sourcing of renewables—numbers behind the growth
- Infographic: Craft Beer Alliance targets World Class Craft
- Better Buildings 2018 Progress Report
- AWEA Corporate Buyer's Guide to Wind Energy
- Report: Apple's 2018 Environmental Responsibility Report
- One year later, companies and investors are ‘Still In’
- LEMs: An Emerging Corporate Energy Management Tool
- Target's charging up its EV program to reach more than 20 states
- Four corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2018
- Driving Energy Efficiency in the Industry – Seven Years and Counting