Using EMIS to identify top opportunities for efficiency
Type: Research Study
Categories: Commercial, Demand Management, Energy Efficiency, Power Prices
Date Published: 5/15/2017
Source: U.S. Department of Energy
Primary Topic: Commercial
This guide from the U.S. DOE presents an overview of the top energy-savings opportunities in commercial buildings.
Building on data from the DOE's Better Buildings initiative, the guide shows how these opportunities can be identified using the type of interval meter analytics offered in energy information system technologies or using the automated analytics offered in fault detection and diagnostics systems.
The guide target audience is building owners and operators, facility managers, energy and sustainability managers, and others with modest experience in data analysis and performance monitoring. The guide covers nine energy savings opportunities that can be identified by EIS and/or FDD tools; each opportunity is summarized, followed by a description of the EIS and/or FDD (as applicable) analysis methodology, and examples of specific applications.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Case Study: PPA Production Volume Flexibility
- Understanding Your Energy Contract
- Massachusetts Clean Energy and Climate Plan for 2050
- Connecting Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure to Commercial Buildings
- Fordham University's Climate Action Plan
- Case Study: How Brandywine Implements Social Equity and Carbon Reduction in Their Portfolio