How do microgrids contribute to the energy transition?
Type: White Paper
Categories: Commercial, Distributed Energy Resources, Industrial, Microgrids
Date Published: 12/1/2016
Source: Schneider Electric
Primary Topic: Microgrids
This white paper, presented by Schneider Electric, outlines the role of microgrids as an emerging energy ecosystem that provides practical answers to the energy challenges of the 21st century.
Through a local, interconnected energy system with clearly defined electrical boundaries, which incorporate loads, decentralized energy resources, battery storage and control capabilities, microgrids can be used as an optimized way to access reliable, green and resilient energy. The paper puts the solution in the context of the global shift to decentralization after the centralization of electricity production made significant progress in the early 20th century, enabling economies of scale and improved power plant efficiency.
Download this five-page paper below to learn more.
Please fill out the below field to receive the report. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report