Syncing solar, storage, fuel cells in an NYC microgrid
Type: Case Study
Categories: Commercial, Demand Management, Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, Energy Storage, Microgrids, Utilities, Commercial, Distributed Generation, Solar
Date Published: 10/16/2017
Source: Demand Energy, an Enel Group company
Primary Topic: Microgrids
This case study, presented by Demand Energy, an Enel Group company, explores the solar, energy storage and fuel cell project that created the first microgrid in New York City to provide peak load reduction, standalone backup power and ensure solar PV self-consumption.
Deployed at the 625-apartment Marcus Garvey Village in Brooklyn as part of Con Edison's Brooklyn-Queens demand management, or BQDM, program, that aims to solve anticipated system constraints through roughly $200 million in clean distributed energy solutions in place of $1.2 billion dollar substation. Download the case study to learn more about the project, and how Demand Energy's Distributed Energy Network Optimization System, or DEN.OS, software platform is automating and optimizing each of its resources.
Please fill out the below field to receive the report. We value your privacy.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Interested in our 2018 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum? Check out highlights from the 2017 event in the video below.
- Infographic: U.S. energy consumption for 2017
- Infographic: Corporate sourcing of renewables—numbers behind the growth
- Infographic: Craft Beer Alliance targets World Class Craft
- Better Buildings 2018 Progress Report
- AWEA Corporate Buyer's Guide to Wind Energy
- Report: Apple's 2018 Environmental Responsibility Report
- One year later, companies and investors are ‘Still In’
- LEMs: An Emerging Corporate Energy Management Tool
- Target's charging up its EV program to reach more than 20 states
- Four corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2018
- Driving Energy Efficiency in the Industry – Seven Years and Counting