Case study: The Arby's app for aging RTU management
Type: Case Study
Date Published: 10/9/2017
Source: U.S. Department of Energy
This case study outlines Arby's innovative answer to a challenging question: When you have a portfolio of more 900 quick-service restaurants across the country, how do you keep track of, manage and maintain all of your HVAC equipment?
Their journey to developing a comprehensive, portfoliowide rooftop unit assessment approach, prioritizing replacement of the most vulnerable units with high-efficiency RTUs, is outlined in this case study from the U.S. Department of Energy's Better Buildings Initiative.
The success of their program, which started with a wave of internal energy efforts starting in 2015, was recognized by the department's Advanced RTU Campaign with the award for implementing the "most innovative RTU management approach by a participating partner." Arby's installed 238 high-efficiency RTUs, resulting in an estimated savings of 1.4 million kWh, worth $140,000 annually, as part of its approach that began in 2015. The success of the program led to its expansion; in 2016 they installed an additional 250 high-efficiency RTUs. Download the case study below to learn more.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Rapid Microgrid Deployments for Emergency Preparedness: Powering field hospitals for COVID-19 and beyond
- 2019 NRG Sustainability Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey