Report: General Motors' blueprint for accelerating and scaling corporate renewables
Type: White Paper
Categories: Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind
Date Published: 11/14/2017
Source: General Motors Co.
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
This paper published by General Motors Co. summarizes the auto giant's blueprint for accelerating and scaling a renewable energy plan; it is intended to help companies of all sizes and industries create efficiencies, gain internal support and drive progress.
Topics detailed include:
- Practical tactics to help gain companywide support
- Tips to determine the best renewable energy mix
- Best practices to scale efforts and reach goals faster
- Resources for further learning and engagement; and
- Trends and future outlook for corporate renewable energy use.
GM pledged to meet its electricity needs at all of its global operations with renewable energy — such as wind, sun and landfill gas — by 2050. By the end of 2018, it will surpass the 20% mark. The commitment represents all the facilities where the company pays utility bills, which includes both manufacturing and nonmanufacturing buildings leased or owned by GM.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Net Zero Roadmap: A Global Pathway to Keep the 1.5°C Goal in Reach
- A Business Guide to Procuring Offsite Renewable Energy
- How to build zero-cost on-site solar and storage projects
- Zero-CapEx Solar + Storage: Lower Energy Costs and Emissions
- International Energy Outlook 2023
- Building Operators: Grid and Occupant Training