Report: General Motors' blueprint for accelerating and scaling corporate renewables
Type: White Paper
Categories: Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables, Wind
Date Published: 11/14/2017
Source: General Motors Co.
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
This paper published by General Motors Co. summarizes the auto giant's blueprint for accelerating and scaling a renewable energy plan; it is intended to help companies of all sizes and industries create efficiencies, gain internal support and drive progress.
Topics detailed include:
- Practical tactics to help gain companywide support
- Tips to determine the best renewable energy mix
- Best practices to scale efforts and reach goals faster
- Resources for further learning and engagement; and
- Trends and future outlook for corporate renewable energy use.
GM pledged to meet its electricity needs at all of its global operations with renewable energy — such as wind, sun and landfill gas — by 2050. By the end of 2018, it will surpass the 20% mark. The commitment represents all the facilities where the company pays utility bills, which includes both manufacturing and nonmanufacturing buildings leased or owned by GM.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market
- Climate change: major risk or rosy opportunity?
- Infographic: Johns Hopkins University Solar Pledge
- 2019 Better Buildings Progress Report
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Insights from SED's 2018 Fall Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum