Infographic: BP's scenarios for energy transition
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 4/20/2018
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
In their report, "Advancing the Energy Transition," BP noted that renewables are now the fastest-growing energy source in
history, adding "We estimate that they could account for 14% of all energy consumption in 2040 – if not more."
The report, which details BP's low carbon plans, offers three scenarios for this energy consumption transition: evolving, faster, and even faster, with the last view putting renewables at more than 30%. Factors from government policies to carbon pricing to social preferences come into play as BP projects energy consumption to 2040.
Click on the following link to view BP's projections:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market
- Climate change: major risk or rosy opportunity?
- Infographic: Johns Hopkins University Solar Pledge
- 2019 Better Buildings Progress Report
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Insights from SED's 2018 Fall Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum