Infographic: BP's scenarios for energy transition
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Energy Procurement, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 4/20/2018
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
In their report, "Advancing the Energy Transition," BP noted that renewables are now the fastest-growing energy source in
history, adding "We estimate that they could account for 14% of all energy consumption in 2040 – if not more."
The report, which details BP's low carbon plans, offers three scenarios for this energy consumption transition: evolving, faster, and even faster, with the last view putting renewables at more than 30%. Factors from government policies to carbon pricing to social preferences come into play as BP projects energy consumption to 2040.
Click on the following link to view BP's projections:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Get Part 2 from Richard Heath plus free thought leadership from experts at Insight Energy
- Taking a Utility Platform Player position for your customers... and society
- Future Proof Your Business with integrated Storage, Solar, and Smart EV Charging
- Reader study: Smart Energy Decisions is #1
- Execution Excellence, Innovative Solution, and Customer Centricity: A Winning Approach to Making an Impossible Mission Possible
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Webinar replay: Integration Innovation - the benefits of distributed energy resources for your business