Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
Type: White Paper
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Solar, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 4/22/2019
Source: Environment America
Primary Topic: Solar
America’s major cities have played a key role in the clean energy revolution and stand to reap tremendous benefits from solar energy. “Shining Cities 2019: The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy” from Environment America finds that the amount of solar power installed in just 20 U.S. cities exceeds the amount installed in the entire United States at the end of 2010.
To continue America’s progress toward renewable energy, cities, states and the federal government should adopt strong policies to make it easy for homeowners, businesses and utilities to “go solar.”
Read about the best practices of “Solar Stars” — cities with 50 or more watts of solar PV capacity installed per capita — and more in Shining Cities 2019.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- 2019 Innovation Awards Insights Report
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Energy in the C Suite
- A Model for Sustainability Success: The Ohio State University’s Integrated Energy Solution
- The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States