Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
Type: White Paper
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Solar, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 4/22/2019
Source: Environment America
Primary Topic: Solar
America’s major cities have played a key role in the clean energy revolution and stand to reap tremendous benefits from solar energy. “Shining Cities 2019: The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy” from Environment America finds that the amount of solar power installed in just 20 U.S. cities exceeds the amount installed in the entire United States at the end of 2010.
To continue America’s progress toward renewable energy, cities, states and the federal government should adopt strong policies to make it easy for homeowners, businesses and utilities to “go solar.”
Read about the best practices of “Solar Stars” — cities with 50 or more watts of solar PV capacity installed per capita — and more in Shining Cities 2019.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- A look at this summer's Texas electricity market
- Climate change: major risk or rosy opportunity?
- Infographic: Johns Hopkins University Solar Pledge
- 2019 Better Buildings Progress Report
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Insights from SED's 2018 Fall Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum