Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
Type: White Paper
Categories: Energy Efficiency, Solar, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 4/22/2019
Source: Environment America
Primary Topic: Solar
America’s major cities have played a key role in the clean energy revolution and stand to reap tremendous benefits from solar energy. “Shining Cities 2019: The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy” from Environment America finds that the amount of solar power installed in just 20 U.S. cities exceeds the amount installed in the entire United States at the end of 2010.
To continue America’s progress toward renewable energy, cities, states and the federal government should adopt strong policies to make it easy for homeowners, businesses and utilities to “go solar.”
Read about the best practices of “Solar Stars” — cities with 50 or more watts of solar PV capacity installed per capita — and more in Shining Cities 2019.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
Check out some of the key moments at SED's Innovation Summit!
- 2019 State of Demand-Side Energy Management in North America
- Shining Cities 2019 - The Top U.S. Cities for Solar Energy
- Aurora Public Schools Energy Management System
- Innovation Summit Presentation: Lockheed Martin of 2025 - Future of Energy Management
- Solar and Electric Vehicles (EVs): What is there to know?
- Innovation Summit Presentation: The Evolution of Sustainable Operations at Bloomberg
- What is Efficiency-as-a-Service?
- How to Get Utilities and Regulators to Provide Renewable Energy Options that Work for Your Company
- The business case for a price on carbon
- Solar Tax Credits Are Stepping Down Next Year: What Does This Mean for Corporate Solar Projects?
- Top 3 corporate sustainability trends all business leaders should be watching in 2019