The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States
Type: White Paper
Categories: Energy Procurement, Energy Storage, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 10/21/2019
Source: Smart Energy Decisions
Primary Topic: Energy Storage
Battery storage is still in its infancy, especially in northern states, though there are signs of traction. In this white paper, EDF Renewables notes that new developments are creating excitement for the prospects of grid reliability with increasing renewable penetration.
This report examines:
- Why the grid needs storage
- Common types of grid-scale storage
- Factors to be considered when deciding to build a standalone storage system
- Benefits of standalone battery systems
- Costs and downside of standalone grid-scale battery plants
Explore the current feasibility of grid-scale standalone storage in the northern half of the U.S.
Please fill out the form below to download the case study. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- 2019 Innovation Awards Insights Report
- Google Environmental Report 2019
- Green Lease Leaders: How Industrial Building Owners Use the Lease to Optimize Sustainable Business Practices
- Energy in the C Suite
- A Model for Sustainability Success: The Ohio State University’s Integrated Energy Solution
- The Business of Standalone Grid-Scale Energy Storage in Northern States