Science Based Target Initiative's 2019 Progress Report
Type: White Paper
Categories: Commercial, GHG Emissions, Industrial
Date Published: 12/6/2019
Source: Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)
Primary Topic: GHG Emissions
A new report from the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) reveals that by meeting their science-based targets, 285 companies will eliminate 265 million metric tons of emissions from their operations, equivalent to closing 68 coal-fired power plants.
The report, Raising the Bar: Exploring the Science Based Target initiative's progress in driving ambitious climate action is the first-ever assessment of the initiative's impact since its launch in 2015. The private sector's uptake of science-based targets sends a clear signal that the transition to a low-carbon economy is underway. Among the areas explored in the report:
- How heavy industry is implementing science-based targets
- How leading companies are cutting emissions in their value chain
- How the private sector can enhance national climate action, and vice versa
Download the report to explore the progress of 686 companies that have publicly joined the SBTi.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
The value of Smart Energy Decisions' events, your success is our business.
- 2020 Sustainable Energy in America Factbook
- 2019 State of Corporate Renewable Energy Sourcing
- EV100 Progress and Insights Annual Report 2020
- SED Profiles in Partnership: Cinemark, Schneider Electric, and AEP Energy
- Sustainable Energy Strategy: How to Make the Business Case, Align Your Stakeholders, and Set Actionable Emissions Targets
- White Paper: Enterprise Energy Strategies