Science Based Target Initiative's 2019 Progress Report
Type: White Paper
Categories: Commercial, GHG Emissions, Industrial
Date Published: 12/6/2019
Source: Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi)
Primary Topic: GHG Emissions
A new report from the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) reveals that by meeting their science-based targets, 285 companies will eliminate 265 million metric tons of emissions from their operations, equivalent to closing 68 coal-fired power plants.
The report, Raising the Bar: Exploring the Science Based Target initiative's progress in driving ambitious climate action is the first-ever assessment of the initiative's impact since its launch in 2015. The private sector's uptake of science-based targets sends a clear signal that the transition to a low-carbon economy is underway. Among the areas explored in the report:
- How heavy industry is implementing science-based targets
- How leading companies are cutting emissions in their value chain
- How the private sector can enhance national climate action, and vice versa
Download the report to explore the progress of 686 companies that have publicly joined the SBTi.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Research: The State of IoT and Smart Buildings
- Is the Virtual Power Purchase Agreement the best path to achieving your sustainability goals?
- Apple's 2020 Environmental Progress Report
- A Microgrid For Your Business is More Important Now Than Ever. Find out why.
- No Capital Needed: Your Guide to No-Cost Energy Projects
- Case Study: Superior Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) System Proven to Reduce Coronavirus
- IBM's DER Project Risk Evaluation Framework
- Net zero is THE new business imperative
- Resilience Isn't a Project - It's a Mindset for Better Plants Partners
- Redefining Corporate Renewables Procurement Strategy: Simplified, Effective and Accessible
- DWS: Site-Level Climate Risk and Resiliency Checklist Pilot