The ABCs of Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
Type: White Paper
Categories: Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 10/13/2021
Source: Shell Energy
Primary Topic: Sourcing Renewables
Corporate energy users use PPAs to reduce fossil fuel reliance, curb emissions, procure RECs, meet mandates, and signal action against climate change. However, not all PPAs are equal. Contract provisions – and outcomes – vary.
To help inform and accelerate corporate emissions reductions, this Shell Energy white paper explains similarities, differences, and challenges between the leading types of PPAs.
- Compare physical and virtual PPAs side-by-side.
- Understand key differences in settlement, risk, volatility, and availability.
- Explore innovative PPA structures offering streamlined alternatives.
Download the white paper to find the best-fit PPA type to help meet your corporate energy goals while avoiding unwanted risk.
Please fill out the form below to view the report. Please make sure to use valid information while filling this form, as is used to keep your profile updated. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Case Study: PPA Production Volume Flexibility
- Understanding Your Energy Contract
- Massachusetts Clean Energy and Climate Plan for 2050
- Fordham University's Climate Action Plan
- Case Study: How Brandywine Implements Social Equity and Carbon Reduction in Their Portfolio
- Fort Bragg - 50001 Ready Facility