Type: White Paper
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Microgrids, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 12/8/2021
Source: Shell Energy
Primary Topic: Microgrids
Power outages are on the rise and grid resiliency is a growing concern. The number and intensity of severe weather events are increasing. Physical and cyber attacks are a growing threat. And aging grid infrastructure complicates system management. These metrics signal a need for grid infrastructure updates - and an exciting opportunity to rethink the grid and re-examine outdated concepts in power delivery that no longer serve the energy users of today.
This white paper from Shell Energy explores renewable microgrids, a type of DER solution combining local microgrid infrastructure with onsite renewable generation. Learn how renewable microgrids can support grid resiliency – while helping to protect individual commercial, industrial, institutional, or government facilities against outages and help position them as leaders in the energy transition.
Please fill out the form below to view the white paper. Please make sure to use valid information while filling this form, as is used to keep your profile updated. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Better Buildings Progress Report 2022
- McDonald's 2021-2022 Purpose & Impact Reporting
- Sustainability Strategy: Two Ways to Decarbonize Natural Gas
- In Setting Corporate Climate Goals, Credibility is Key
- Lessons from the Front Line: Principles and Recommendations for Large-scale and Distributed Energy Interconnection Reforms
- How Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning are Changing the Energy Industry