Type: White Paper
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Microgrids, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 12/8/2021
Source: Shell Energy
Primary Topic: Microgrids
Power outages are on the rise and grid resiliency is a growing concern. The number and intensity of severe weather events are increasing. Physical and cyber attacks are a growing threat. And aging grid infrastructure complicates system management. These metrics signal a need for grid infrastructure updates - and an exciting opportunity to rethink the grid and re-examine outdated concepts in power delivery that no longer serve the energy users of today.
This white paper from Shell Energy explores renewable microgrids, a type of DER solution combining local microgrid infrastructure with onsite renewable generation. Learn how renewable microgrids can support grid resiliency – while helping to protect individual commercial, industrial, institutional, or government facilities against outages and help position them as leaders in the energy transition.
Please fill out the form below to view the white paper. Please make sure to use valid information while filling this form, as is used to keep your profile updated. We value your privacy!
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Factsheet: Celebrating One Year of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Understanding Renewable Energy Agreements
- Microsoft Carbon Removal: Observations from our Third Year
- 2022 Amazon Sustainability Report
- The State of Decarbonization: A Closer Look at the Industrial Sector
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Air Force Plant #4 (Fort Worth, Texas) — 50001 Ready
- DEI Impact Award Winners Honored At NZF in Phoenix
- 4 Steps to Documenting Your Sustainability Plan
- MGM Resorts’ 100-Megawatt Solar Array: Climate Action Through Solar Farming
- Ten Points on the Beaver State’s New Building Performance Standard
- DOE Recognized 14 Organizations for Excellence in Integrated Lighting