Insights from the 2022 Net Zero Forum
Type: White Paper
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions
Date Published: 2/13/2023
Primary Topic: GHG Emissions
As we look forward to Smart Energy Decisions' second Net Zero Forum, March 15-17, 2023 in San Antonio, Texas, let's look back at the first NZF, which took place in September 2022 in Phoenix, Arizona.
These recaps reflect the broad range of topics and speakers at the event, all with the purpose of sharing information and strategies to help energy customers plan and implement their goals to reach a zero-carbon future.
Beth Wytiaz outlines Bank of America’s Approach to Zero™ framework and how the bank is building a robust strategy and transition plan covering operations, supply chain, and financing activities:
Presenting Sponsor Interview: Building the Right Renewable Energy Strategy for Net Zero with Greg Kandankulam
NRG's Greg Kandankulam discusses the challenges of the current sustainability and reporting landscape and the four key pathways that your organization should consider in its strategy to meet net-zero goals.
Peer-2-Peer Wrap-up: Today's Net-Zero Challenges in Real Time
Representatives from Clayco, Harris Teeter, and The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley join SED's Peter Kelly-Detwiler to recap conversations among energy customers on a variety of net-zero challenges.
Keynote: Achieving Net Zero Across Cisco’s Value Chain with Andy Smith
Andy Smith, who leads energy and sustainability initiatives for Cisco’s internal operations, will provide a deep dive into the process Cisco recently went through to evaluate, set and certify its net zero goal through SBTi and the strategy Cisco developed to achieve both its long- and near-term goals between now and 2040.
Women in Smart Energy (WISE) Panel Discussion
Shonique Banks of Philadelphia Energy Authority and 2022 WISE Winner Liz Lucente of Target join SED’s Debra Chanil to discuss challenges and achievements for women in the energy industry.
Make your plans now to join our community at the 2023 Net Zero Forum/Spring, March 15-17 at La Cantera Resort & Spa, San Antonio, Texas. Interested buyers can submit an application to attend at this link; interested suppliers can submit a sponsorship application here.
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Factsheet: Celebrating One Year of the Inflation Reduction Act
- Understanding Renewable Energy Agreements
- Microsoft Carbon Removal: Observations from our Third Year
- 2022 Amazon Sustainability Report
- The State of Decarbonization: A Closer Look at the Industrial Sector
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, Air Force Plant #4 (Fort Worth, Texas) — 50001 Ready
- DEI Impact Award Winners Honored At NZF in Phoenix
- 4 Steps to Documenting Your Sustainability Plan
- MGM Resorts’ 100-Megawatt Solar Array: Climate Action Through Solar Farming
- Ten Points on the Beaver State’s New Building Performance Standard
- DOE Recognized 14 Organizations for Excellence in Integrated Lighting