Pathways to Commercial Liftoff: Clean Hydrogen
Type: White Paper
Categories: Commercial, Sourcing Renewables
Date Published: 3/24/2023
Source: U.S. Department of Energy
Thanks to transformational policies and programs like the regional clean hydrogen hubs, tax incentives in the Inflation Reduction Act, and ongoing research and development, the U.S. Department of Energy's "Pathways to Commercial Liftoff: Clean Hydrogen" shows that this technology is among the best poised to reach full-scale commercialization.
However, the DOE indicates that, despite increased investor engagement and project announcements, infrastructure buildout, demand uncertainty, workforce development, and other challenges to at-scale adoption must be addressed for clean hydrogen to realize its full potential.
Scaling the market will require continuing work on addressing demand-side challenges. For example, scaling midstream infrastructure will drastically lower the delivered cost of hydrogen outside of co-located production and offtake, improving the business case for projects and accelerating the uptake of clean hydrogen. Bolstering demand and unlocking long-term offtake will support the current proliferation of hydrogen production project announcements and help those production projects reach the final investment decision (FID).
Download this report to understand the three phases of commercial "liftoff" for clean hydrogen:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Smart Energy Decisions 2022 Sustainability Report
- Financial Considerations for Energy Efficiency Upgrades
- The State of Decarbonization: A Closer Look at Institutions
- Insights from the June 2022 Renewable Energy Forum/Summer
- Alternative Clean Fuels for Decarbonization: Renewable Natural Gas (RNG) & Green Hydrogen
- 2022 State of Vehicle Fleet Electrification
- Why Leslie Knope Would Be Proud of the New Federal Energy Efficiency Requirements
- Incorporating the Better Plants Steam System In-Plant Training Into Corporate Training and Energy Management Best Practices
- Four ways your business can benefit from the Inflation Reduction Act
- Solar Power Purchase Agreement Advances RE at Colorado State University
- Learning the language of sustainability planning and climate reporting