The State of Decarbonization: A Closer Look at the Government Sector
Type: Research Study
Categories: Distributed Energy Resources, Energy Efficiency, GHG Emissions
Date Published: 11/15/2023
Source: Smart Energy Decisions
Primary Topic: GHG Emissions
In this special addendum to Smart Energy Decisions' State of Decarbonization Report, A Closer Look at the Government Sector, we dive deeper into survey results from representatives of government institutions, including cities and municipalities. Results show these operators are slightly off the pace in setting emissions reduction goals, though they are ahead in setting net-zero goals.
Driven by regulatory and legal risks, government operators are pursuing decarbonization strategies from the electrification of onsite assets and vehicles to community solar despite the challenges of unfavorable economics and lack of capital to invest.
Download The State of Decarbonization: A Closer Look at the Government Sector to explore issues faced by these operators:
Share this valuable information with your colleagues using the buttons below:« Back to Research
- Net Zero Roadmap: A Global Pathway to Keep the 1.5°C Goal in Reach
- A Business Guide to Procuring Offsite Renewable Energy
- How to build zero-cost on-site solar and storage projects
- Zero-CapEx Solar + Storage: Lower Energy Costs and Emissions
- International Energy Outlook 2023
- Building Operators: Grid and Occupant Training