October 26, 2017
Case study: The Arby's app for aging RTU management
This case study outlines Arby's innovative answer to a challenging question: When you have a portfolio of more 900 quick-service restaurants across the country, how do you keep track of, manage and maintain all of your HVAC equipment?
Their journey to developing a comprehensive, portfoliowide rooftop unit assessment approach, prioritizing replacement of the most vulnerable units with high-efficiency RTUs, is outlined in this case study from the U.S. Department of Energy's Better Buildings Initiative.
The success of their program, which started with a wave of internal energy efforts starting in 2015, was recognized by the department's Advanced RTU Campaign with the award for implementing the "most innovative RTU management approach by a participating partner." Arby's installed 238 high-efficiency RTUs, resulting in an estimated savings of 1.4 million kWh, worth $140,000 annually, as part of its approach that began in 2015. The success of the program led to its expansion; in 2016 they installed an additional 250 high-efficiency RTUs. Download the case study below to learn more.
Smart Energy Decisions' Renewable Energy
Sourcing Forum goes virtual
- Case Study: Corner Office shines as sustainability leader with rooftop solar + LED lighting installation
- eBook: How to Monetize Your Energy Assets
- Enhancing Sustainable Cities
- 2020 Corporate Energy and Sustainability Progress Report
- Virtual Innovation Summit: Cisco's Global Energy and Sustainability Journey