Industrial, Solar, Sourcing Renewables - October 12, 2018
Solar comes to the (Bose) mountain
Bose Corporation has signed a 20-year PPA for a 1.7-megawatt solar installation on the southern hillside of its headquarters in Framingham, Mass, commonly known as 'The Mountain."
The installation was designed, constructed and financed by SunPower, which will operate and maintain the fixed-tilt, ground-mount system. According to a statement, the project features nearly 4,000 solar panels and is expected to generate 2.4 million kilowatt hours of energy annually, bringing enough electricity onto the grid to supply a substantial portion of the Bose campus.
"Corporate renewable energy programs are growing, especially in Massachusetts where Bose is headquartered," said Nam Nguyen, SunPower executive vice president, commercial solar. "We're proud to be working with Bose to further advance solar development in the Commonwealth, and to support the company's commitment to long-term sustainability as a leading global brand."
- Insights from the 2020 Renewable Energy Sourcing Forum - Winter Edition
- Iron Mountain Data Centers aces the Better Buildings Challenge
- Challenging Channels: Creativity and Competition
- SED Pulse Survey: COVID-19's Impact on Sustainability Goals and Workplace Restart
- State of Energy Management 2020 Report